Buying the best replacement windows can be stressful. However, new windows make your home quieter, less drafty, and increase its curb appeal. Replacement windows are also much easier to maintain, it’s simpler to clean them, and can maximize the resale value of your property. They can even cut costs if you have high energy bills.
And if you want to find the best replacement windows for your home, use this guide to understand what to look for and figure out the kind of windows that will be the ideal fit for your home. Here’s what you need to consider:
- Types of Windows
At the moment, there is a wide variety of different window types available on the market. What separates all of them apart is their design, application around the property, and unique features such as how they open. It leaves you with a lot of room to mix and match and personalize your decision. So, consider the layout of your house and choose among these popular types of replacement windows:
- Slider Windows – horizontal windows have sashes that slide sideways, back and forth;
- Single-Hung Windows – only the bottom sash can move up and down, while the top sash is fixed;
- Double-Hung Windows – both top and bottom sashes in the window frame can be moved up or down;
- Bay Windows – a group of three or more windows that extend beyond the exterior wall of the house at an angle;
- Bow Windows – a curved group of windows (usually 3-6) that extend beyond the facade of your home;
- Picture Windows – windows made from one large, fixed pane of glass used to capture stunning views of the exterior landscape;
- Casement Windows – windows attached to the frame by one or two hinges at one side;
- Garden Windows – windows with a trapezoid-shaped casement, usually used in kitchens;
- Frame Materials
When it comes to window frame materials, there are also several options to choose from, like wood, vinyl, fiberglass, and aluminum. Currently, the best replacement windows are from vinyl, which is easy to maintain, energy-efficient, and best value for money. They also come in a variety of different colors and can even mimic wooden window frames which are usually expensive and extremely high maintenance.
- Interior Grid Features
Another thing to consider is the interior contours of the interior of the window. These grid designs usually divide into two different types Classic and Contoured, that is Colonial, Diamond, Prairie, and Double Prairie. In any case, you should look for window grids that are encased between the panes as it ensures easy maintenance.
- Energy Efficiency
One of the reasons homeowners choose replacement windows is for their energy efficiency. What they fail to understand is that energy efficient windows don’t only cut the cost of heating and power bills, but they also increase the value of your home. When choosing energy efficient windows always look for a guarantee logo for saving energy, and choose between these four types:
- Triple Pane
- Double Pane
- Energy Star
Ready to replace your windows? We can help you. At 1-800-HANSONS we have the best replacement windows to improve the look and value of your property. It couldn’t be easier. Request a FREE estimate, and replace your windows for the upcoming season.