1-800-HANSONS Scholarship Program
The winners for the 2016 Hansons Scholarship award have been selected and contacted! Please see below for information on the 2017 scholarship.
1-800-HANSONS is the leading window, roofing, and siding company, you know and trust, in Michigan and Ohio. Our customers choose us time and time again because we are the experts in home improvement services. Whether you are looking to replace your windows or update the look of your home with new siding, 1-800-HANSONS is the company to call.
Our number one commitment has always been to our customers and what we can do for them to make their homes more comfortable, beautiful, and functional. We also care deeply about giving back to the communities where we are located.
The 1-800-HANSONS family is excited to offer this scholarship program to our customers, our employees & their family members, and ALL aspiring students, nationwide! Each year, we will award up to $10,000 in scholarships to deserving U.S. college students (incoming and current) that are looking to make their mark on the world.
Does this sound like something you are interested in? Write us an essay, give it your all, and impress us with your creativity and critical thinking skills. Check out the details below for your chance at this incredible opportunity from 1-800-HANSONS!
First Place: One winner - $5000
Second Place: Three winners - $1,000 per winner
Third Place: Four winners - $500 per winner
To be eligible, applicant must have a minimum of a 3.3 cumulative GPA and submit a 1000-1500-word essay. There are no other requirements for this scholarship, just the desire and drive to be successful in life.
Please answer one of the following essay questions:
- What do you consider to be the single most important societal problem? Why?
- What do you think your chosen industry will be like in the next 10 years?
- What is the purpose of life?
- If you won the lottery for a million dollars, what would you do with it?
Mail your official transcript and essay to:
ATTN: Hansons Scholarship Program c/o Brian Elias
977 E 14 Mile Road
Troy, MI 48083
Be sure to include your name, address, phone number, and email address so we can contact you if you win!
- The essays must be postmarked by September 1st.
- The essay winners will be selected on September 15th.
- The scholarship money will be distributed to the financial aid offices of the winners’ colleges by December 8th.
Terms and Conditions:
- The 1-800-HANSONS scholarship awards will be paid directly to the colleges that match the winners’ .edu e-mail addresses.
- The funds from these scholarships are to be used solely for tuition, books, supplies, and any additional fees required for students’ course work.
- If applicant does not meet the stated requirements, the award will then be given to the next eligible runner-up.
- This scholarship is open to high school seniors and current college students.
- Dates for scholarship program subject to change.
- If you’re a senior in high school or a first-semester college student, please send your high school transcript.
- If you’re a college student who is in their second semester or further, you only need to send your college transcript.